What Does Low Porosity Hair Mean?
Low porosity hair, means that your hair cuticles are closely packed and that would make it difficult for your hair to absorb and retain any moisture or any essential oils required for the hair.
You can know if you have low porosity hair if:
- You feel different textures when you run your thumb and index finger through a single hair strand.
- Your hair strands don’t drown but float when immersed in water.
Low porosity of hair can keep your scalp and hair from getting nourished. And, when your hair has a lot of positive charges it starts to show low porous hair characteristics. You can accumulate positive ions in your hair by over combing them or by combing them fervently with a plastic comb.
These positive ions make your hair frizzy-looking, dull, dry and rough.
The main reason bentonite clay for hair growth is the best deal when you have hair with low porosity because Bentonite clay has negatively charged ions consistently.
Here’s one awesome way you can apply Bentonite clay hair mask on your scalp and nourish, smooth and straighten them.
Things You’ll Need For Bentonite Clay Low Porosity Hair:
- A Mixing Bowl
- 1/2 Cup – Bentonite Clay
- 3 Tablespoons – Water
- 1 Tablespoon – Castor Oil and Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon – Sweet Almond Oil
- 6 Tablespoons – Apple Cider Vinegar
- Add the essential oils in the clay in the mixing bowl. And do not start to stir it right away.
- Now add water to mixing bowl.
- Before adding water, let the mix get some air froth 10-15 seconds.
- Now add 3 tablespoons of water after the blend has foamed after a couple of minutes.
- Fervently mix everything together until you get a minimally clogged, smooth mixture that somehow resembles Greek yogurt.
- Apply this mixture evenly on your hair, it is preferred to damp them
- After the application of the mask, if your hair starts to dry, use a spray bottle to keep the moisture on.
- Now use a plastic bag or a saran wrap, or a plastic cap to cover it for your hair for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash your hair only with water, then follow it with hair conditioner.
- Shampoo it after having kept for 5 minutes.